The Jeremy Project
Inspired by one child’s kindness, The Jeremy Project provides musical instruments to kids who couldn’t otherwise afford them—removing the most significant barrier keeping kids from music. Currently, we are lending 256 instruments to students in 56 schools in Maricopa and Pinal counties. We believe no child should be told, “I’m sorry you can’t be in band or orchestra this year. It costs too much money.” The Jeremy Project is here to support you.
Musical instruments for anyone who needs one
We believe no child should go without a music education because of the associated costs. We have access to hundreds of instruments that we lend out for the school year—no more worrying about how you’ll balance basic needs with music education. The Jeremy Project is here to support you.
What Educators Are Saying
“I certainly appreciate that you were able to provide her with an instrument. She came to Adams last year and was very troubled with some past issues of constantly moving. She had a difficult time in Music just opening up and being willing to participate.
I was excited that she showed such a strong interest in playing in Band. She took the initiative to contact you and followed through to be granted an instrument. She had a great start here and I was very bummed to learn that she was transferring. Her current band director mentioned to me that she has truly blossomed and plays with a beautiful tone.
I certainly hope that she continues in Band as I truly believe this will help her make it through high school. Thank you so much for what you do to provide these opportunities for so many kids!
You make a huge difference!”—David Hayden
“Wow…..I’m seeing just how important and helpful Desert Sounds is to many children in this district and I’m sure other districts. Without your organization, we would not be able to serve as many children as we do in our public school programs. Thank you again for all you do.”—Lisa Eisenberg
“Our kids had a wonderful year in band, and we could not have done it without Desert Sounds. Your organization helped over 10 kids have an instrument to use in our bands this year. These kids performed very well, and are excited to have had the chance to have music in their lives.”— Angela Mantie
- Be enrolled in your school’s band or orchestra
- Practice your instrument 25 minutes a day 5 days a week or as specified by your music teacher
- Attend and participate in all school rehearsals, concerts and performances
- Attend school
- Do your homework
- Show good citizenship to your classmates
- Maintain your instrument according to Desert Sounds instrument maintenance guide
- Return your instrument in the same condition it was received
- Attend and complete parent orientation program
- Meet Desert Sounds financial guidelines
- Encourage and support your student’s interest in learning music
- Ensure your student practices, attends all school rehearsals, concerts and performances on time
- Ensure your student attends school and does their homework
- Ensure your child maintains their instrument and returns it in the same condition it was received
- Notify Desert Sounds within three business days of any changes to our contact information
- Ensure your child participates in all band/orchestra classes